Turn Your Bike to Cash
Have you ever wondered how much your motorcycle is worth? During desperate times, it’s tough to look for sources of funds when you don’t have a good loan portfolio.
However, you don’t need to worry because you can make use of your own motorcycle to secure some through a title loan. How can I borrow money against my motorcycle?
Unlike a personal loan, a motorcycle title loan requires collateral – your ownership title. The lender requires that the title should be named to the borrower. The amount you will get will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- Your state’s loan regulations regarding motorcycle loans
- The make and model of your property including its current market value
- Your personal and financial information
- Your credit rating
Get Cash When You Need It with your Own Motorcycle
There are typically two types of loans you can apply for with a motorcycle as collateral – single payment loan and installment loan.
How can I borrow money against my motorcycle? Your loan may be subject to other terms depending on the lender. It is important to understand their loan terms and loan amount. Also include the possible methods of how you can get the cash as well as repayment methods.
To explain further;
- Single-payment loans are typically short-term and do not go over a year. Most loans are only good for a month or a quarter.
What happens here is that you get the cash you need and you will be presented with a repayment amount that includes the principal, interest, and related fees.
- When you apply for a motorcycle title loan, you may get approved for an installment plan. In this case, the money you need must be large enough to qualify for an installment option.
This is because logistics are involved in setting up installment plans, so the chargeable fees should cover the logistic expenses.
How to Find a Motorcycle Title Loan
Get started online today with a simple search on the internet.
One of the most convenient lending avenues you can explore is financing websites. One reason is that they are easily accessible. Using your motorcycle as collateral requires several documents for proof.
The easiest way to complete it is through an email or online submission. You avoid running into people and you can put all the files in one place. Plus, you also get a digital copy of how you borrow money against my motorcycle.
Another option is to find financing apps that offer loans using the value of your motorcycle. They are rare but good research on the internet will give you valid options.
In this case, you need to make sure you have a good credit score since they usually have a quicker, less complicated process. However, in exchange for not demanding a lot of documents, you have to have good credit check results instead.
Lastly, the old-school method – going to banks and other physical lending institutions. There’s a reason why these establishments still exist. They offer the best value. Title loans may go up to $10,000, and the most likely place that will offer them are physical financing companies.
Apart from the personal relationship you forge with them, you develop trust good enough to secure a larger loan amount. As long as you pay in full when due, you will create good chemistry.
Understanding the Motorcycle Title Pawn Loan Process
Say for example you found several lenders. Here’s what you need to do.
- Compare their basic fees, loan amounts offered, and total repayment to cover the loan in full. Some may not provide this, while others will. It’s a matter of you filling in the blanks where you can and making a proper choice on how to borrow money against my motorcycle.
- Once you have 2 or 3 top options, determine the requirements they need and make sure you qualify.
- If you are eligible based on your check, initiate the first contact to see if they think you’re eligible too.
- If you get the go signal, you’ve passed the actual first step of the loan process – which is to get pre-qualified.
- Your loan offer will then follow. The terms of the motorcycle title loan will depend on several factors like mileage, the value of your vehicle, and your financial capacity.
- If you agree to the loan terms, you sign the contract after a proper review.
- You will get the money either through a check or directly into your nominated bank account. Not a lot of lenders these days give out cold hard cash any more. You will need to have a bank account that is capable of receiving money transfers.
- Once you confirm receipt of your loan, you then plan how to pay it back.
- Included in your loan approval documents is the payment schedule. If you got the single payment scheme, you will see a single due date where you need to pay the total fees. If you got the installment, you will get several dates and payment amounts to settle.
- Plan your finances well in order to ensure payment of the title loan on your motorcycle.
Car Title Loan VS Motorcycle Loan
The most obvious difference here is the value of the loan. Since most loans based on collateral depend on the value of the property, it is natural that car loans yield higher loan amounts.
Nonetheless, it is up to the lender’s discretion.
Car loans are easier to find than motorcycle loans. Car loans are in every financing company out there. It is a common scheme. While a motor loan is a fairly new concept and is steadily gaining traction today. They are a good choice for a small to medium-value loan with collateral.
Why Get Cash with Collateral?
Between secured and unsecured loans, which would you prefer as a lender? Of course, the secured one. Meaning, you get higher chances of getting approved with a collateral loan than unsecured short-term loans. However, it doesn’t mean this applies to everyone.
Collateral for a title loan must be owned by the borrower. There should be legal proof of ownership. It is a safe way to borrow cash from lenders since you don’t have to worry about how much you owe. It is technically covered by the value of your collateral.
Once you default, you will not owe the lending company anything once they seize your property. However, you will lose your motorcycle in the process.
Pros of Motorcycle Title Loans
The top reason why people get a title loan is its quick approval. If you’re only looking for a small loan, your application might be processed within the day. Title loans are quick access to funds since they are preferred by lenders due to the collateral.
What your motorcycle is worth depends on the current market and its condition. Thus, if you take proper care of your vehicle, it will surely fetch a higher amount. Even if your motorcycle is a decade old, it might still have some value depending on the lender’s appraiser.
Title lenders for motorcycles are very cautious – thus you only get an amount substantially lower than the actual value. This is because the excess is supposed to cover risk expenses related to the loan. Expect that the amount is small. The good thing is, you can repay the loan much faster too.
Cons of Motorcycle Title Loans
The first one here would be small loan amounts. While it’s mentioned that loans can go as high as $10,000, it only applies to very rare luxury motorcycles in the market.
If you have an ordinary one with a hundred-dollar market value, expect the amount to be in the same range. It is tough to borrow money against my motorcycle.
It is good to note there are lenders that are very strict with their policies when you default payment. They will immediately retrieve your vehicle even before a final settlement takes place. In fact, they will keep your motorcycle hostage until you make enough payment. Thus, be wary of where you borrow cash from.
Fast and Easy Loan Avenues to Explore for Small Loans
While motorcycle title loans are flexible options, they don’t always fit your needs. Here are a few other funding methods you can try for your immediate expenses.
- Payday loans from reputable lenders. Make sure this is legal in your state as the nature of this loan is not supported by all. It is a form of loan where you can borrow a small part of your upcoming paycheck with the agreement that you will pay it back with interest when that paycheck comes. It is usually a month long and has higher interests than most.
- A cash advance from your company may be a good option if you’re really short on cash. However, make sure that they actually allow such actions. Or else, you’ll face serious consequences.
- Bad credit loans are usually a good choice if you think you have bad credit and need a few hundred dollars. This type of loan is just like a personal loan with a shorter term and higher interest rates. If you have good credit, your interest and fees may be lower.
In conclusion, it is important to consider all the pros and cons of a motorcycle title loan before making a decision.
Taking out a loan against your motorcycle title can help you cover emergency costs, but it is essential to make sure the terms of the loan are affordable for your income and financial situation. Be sure to compare lenders and interest rates to ensure you get the best deal possible.