If you’re a mom or a dad, then you know that having a baby is not cheap.
In fact, the average cost of raising a kid from infancy to adulthood is $245,340!
Here at Avocadoughtoast, we are all about saving you money. What better way to save money on baby stuff than to get free baby samples? Especially when it comes to stuff like getting free baby diapers and free formula.
I’m going to show you 11 different ways to save big by getting baby freebies! Every little bit counts!
UPDATE: I recently found another great way to get free baby samples! Check out the Everyday Mom Sampling Club. When you sign-up (it’s free) you’ll receive a new box of samples every month as part of the program. You’ll get samples from companies like Gerber, Pampers, Huggies and Enfamil. I’m not sure how long this promotion is going to run so you should check it out ASAP. Sign up here.
11 Quick and Easy Ways to Get Free Baby Samples
1. Get 100% free baby samples from Samples Avenue
This one is first on the list because it’s so easy! All you have to do is fill out a form.
Samples Avenue is a company that sends out free samples of pretty much anything there are samples for. Luckily for us, that includes free baby samples!
Just go to this page and enter all the information they require. They’ll then send you a bunch of free samples, including free diapers, free baby food, a free baby bottle and much more.
2. Get a freebie gift bag from Target’s free baby registry
This is a no-brainer if you’re expecting a baby. Targets are basically everywhere.
If you create a free baby registry with Target you’ll receive a bunch of freebies (for both your baby and you!) The value of the free baby samples you’ll get is anywhere between $35 to $50.
This includes things such as:
- Dr. Brown’s Options 9oz wide-neck bottle
- NUK orthodontic pacifier
- A bunch of baby wash samples
- Babyganics Ultra Absorbent diaper sample
- The Honest Company 2-pack diapers AND 10ct wipes
- Buy one, get one free Starbucks handcrafted beverage coupon (click here to discover how to get more free Starbucks drinks)
- A bunch of coupons for baby stuff
To get your free Target gift bag, just sign up here and then swing by your local Target to pick it up.
3. Get a free baby sample box every month from Parent Cabin Family
What’s better than getting free baby samples? Getting free baby samples every month!
When you sign-up for Parent Cabin Family’s sample box subscription (it’s completely free), every month you’ll get sent a box of free samples for your baby. You’ll only get sent samples that you’re qualified for based on a number of personal questions they ask you when you sign-up for the club.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign-up for Parent Cabin’s Sample box club (it’s free)
- Every month you’ll be notified of new samples you’re qualified for.
- Request the free samples you want to be sent to you.
- Get your freebies in the mail!
4. Receive a completely free baby box from Walmart
Walmart will give you a 100% free baby box if you are expecting a new baby. You don’t even have to pay shipping!
The contents of the baby box varies month-to-month, but from the people I’ve talked to, it normally includes a free pacifier, baby bottle, wipes, diapers, and baby-friendly laundry detergent. A pretty decent haul for FREE.
This is one of the most popular free baby samples on this list. It’s not unusual for Walmart to be out of stock. In that case, just give them your information, and they’ll send you one when they’re back in stock.
How to get your free baby box:
- Navigate to this link
- Enter your email, due date, name, and shipping information
- You’ll receive your free baby samples within a few weeks of your due date
5. Get 30 days free of Amazon Prime & Family
Amazon Prime is an amazing way to save money.
Free 2-day shipping has saved me multiple times in a pinch. Let alone all the free movies and TV shows that come with Amazon Prime.
For you parents, Amazon Family offers 20% off subscriptions of baby food and diapers!
If you’ve never had an Amazon Prime subscription before, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime. If you’ve already used the free trial, you can get Prime for as low as $5.99 a month if you qualify.
6. Get free baby samples from Amazon’s Baby Registry
You can get free baby samples valued at $35 when you sign-up for Amazon’s free baby registry.
You have to be an Amazon Prime (or Family) member to take advantage of this freebie. If you’re not, don’t worry, you can get a 30-day free trial here.
Here’s how you can get your free welcome box from Amazon:
- Start a new baby registry here (by clicking Get Started)
- In the middle of this page, you’ll see the “Welcome Box” with a small drop-down below it detailing the steps you need to qualify for the box.
- You have to add at least one item from each subcategory to your baby registry.
- Keep doing that until your jumpstart menu says “100% complete”
- Then you have to buy $10 worth of stuff from your registry. (It’s well worth the welcome box!)
- Once the item ships, the check status drop-down menu on this page will have an option saying “Claim your box”
- Add it to your cart and check-out normally. It will be free
Every person gets something slightly different from Amazon’s welcome box. I’m guessing they send whatever samples they have on-hand at the time.
Here’s what one of our readers got from their box:
7. Get cash-back on baby purchases with Ebates
Ebates doesn’t exactly give you free baby samples but I decided to add it to this list because it can save you a bunch of money on baby stuff!
What is Ebates? It’s a cash-back app where you get rewarded for shopping at your favorite online retailers through their links. For example, if you shop at Target via Ebates, they’ll offer you something like 10% cash-back. Which means if you spend $50 on baby stuff at Target, Ebates will give you $5!
It’s perfect for things you have to buy anyways. Might as well make some money back.
Right now, if you sign-up for a free Ebates account with this link, you’ll get a $10 signup bonus immediately!
8. Get baby samples by signing up for a free Babies R Us registry
There are a few companies out there that give you free baby samples and coupons when you sign-up for a free baby registry through them.
All you have to do is register online here and then stop by the store in person to pick up your free sample packet.
9. Get your free Similac Strong Moms Kit
When you sign up for Similac’s Strong Moms program, they’ll send you a free kit full of free baby samples, coupons, and more.
Registration is free and you’ll get a ton of stuff.
One of our readers reported getting the following baby samples from their kit:
- 12.4 fluid oz. of Similac Advance Complete Nutrition
- 12.6 oz. Similac Sensitive (Reduces baby’s fussiness and gas due to lactose sensitivity)
- 4 2 oz bottles of Similac for Supplementation (for nursing moms who choose to introduce formula)
- Similac Simply Smart Double Bottle pack $4 off Coupon
- Babies R Us/Toys R Us 20% off Coupon off one regular priced baby item.
- $20 worth of Formula Checks (4 at $5) to use on future purchases.
- One bottle nipple
- Similac Prenatal Vitamin Coupon for $2 off
- Art of Feeding Book
- Free Hospital Bag to pick up at participating hospitals (Comes with Cooler bag, freezer packs, samples, coupons, and savings)
You’ll also get a code in your email for a FREE 20-page Shutterfly 8×8 Hardcover Photo Book so you can fill it up with pics of your cute baby.
10. Get free baby samples from your OBGYN
Another great way to get free baby samples is to call up your OBGYN and ask.
Doctor’s (especially OBGYN’s) get free samples from companies all the time in the hopes that they’ll give them to people like you.
They’ll most likely have samples of things like baby diapers, formula, and the like.
If you’re not the type of person to call up your doctor to ask for free baby stuff, just drop a hint that you’re not sure what to buy in terms of diapers or formula at your next appointment. Usually, they’ll be glad to give you samples of baby stuff.
11. Email companies for free baby samples
Asking for free baby samples can be pretty effective.
I know for a fact that if you email Seventh Generation and BabyGanic customer service and tell them you’re pregnant and interested in their products, they’ll send you free samples.
I’m sure this would work with lots of different baby product companies. Just go to any baby company website and find their contact information.
A 5-minute email can end you up with dozens of free samples!
Summary of Free Baby Samples
There you go, 11 different ways to get free baby samples.
If you got through with at least a few of these, you’ll be better off. Having a newborn is expensive. There’s nothing wrong with getting free samples from companies that offer them.
Like more free stuff? Check out these articles:
- 5 ways to get free Starbucks drinks on a daily basis
- 5 Legit Ways To Get Free Coupons By Mail
- How to get free money: 19 easy ways to get free cash fast
Do you have any tips or hacks to get free baby samples that I haven’t listed? I would love to hear about them in the comments below.