Dealing with student loan collection agencies can be a total pain. Here’s a list of all 39 debt collectors and how to contact them.
If you default on your student loans, it’s very likely that your loans are sent to collections. Which means the Department of Education hires a third-party collection agency to try and collect on your debt.
Don’t know what it means when your student loans are in collections?
It’s important to know your rights when dealing with these collection agencies. It’s also vital to know how to contact them in case of any mixups. Your loan servicer will help come up with a repayment plan or a loan forgiveness plan. Keep in mind there will be collection fees that will incur, but hopefully you can be put on a monthly payment plan or have the state do a wage garnishment plan so you are not too overwhelmed by the process. During these unforeseen covid days, many people are defaulting on their loans so they are trying to work with you as best and reasonable as possible.
Debt collection laws are on your side
The FTC (Federal Trade Commission) enforces the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). This act protects you by prohibiting debt collectors from using abusive, unfair or deceitful practices to try and collect from you.
Here’s a list of things a debt collection agency may NOT do:
- They may not pretend to be someone else – like a government agent or lawyer.
- They are not allowed to call you before 8 am or after 9 pm.
- They may only call you at work if they’re told that you are allowed to receive calls at work.
- They may not talk to anyone besides you, your spouse or your lawyer in regards to your student loan debt.
- They can’t harass you which includes repeatedly using the phone to annoy you.
- They can’t make false statements.
- They’re prohibited from saving that you can be arrested or that they’ll garnish your property or wages.
Do you believe a debt collection agency has violated the law?
If you believe that the debt collection agency in charge of collecting from you has broken the law, you have the right to sue them within a year of the occurrence.
For any alleged violations against a debt collection agency, you should also report them to your state Attorney General’s office, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
All 39 Student Loan Debt Collection Agencies
Below is a full list of all student loan debt collection agencies. Keep in mind however that these companies go in and out of business, so it’s possible that over time this list can become inaccurate. I will, however, attempt to keep this list as up-to-date as possible.
Please leave a comment if your debt collector isn’t listed or their address or website has changed.
1. Account Control Technology, Inc
P.O. Box 11750
Bakersfield, CA 93389-1750d
2. Action Financial Services LLC.
2055 Cardinal Ave
Medford, Oregon 97504
3. Alltran Education
P.O. Box 9088
Woodridge, IL 60517
4. American Student Assistance Corp
100 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
5. Bass & Associates
P.O. Box 66080
Tucson, AZ 85728-5478
6. Central Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 1460
Lowell, AR 72745-1460
7. Coast Professional, Inc.
8. Collection Technology, Inc.
9. Collecto, Inc. dba Collection Company of America
PO Box 329
Norwell, MA 02061
10. Con Serve
11. Credit Adjustments
12. Debt Management and Collections System
PO Box 5609
Greenville, TX 75403-5609
13. Delta Management Associates, Inc.
14. ECSI Federal Perkins Servicer
100 Global View Drive Suite 800
Warrendale, PA 15086
15. Educational Credit Management CORP
PO Box 16408
St. Paul, MN 55116-0408
16. Enterprise Recovery Systems, Inc.
Recently bought by Alltran.
(800) 377-1904 www.ersinc.com/
17. FH Cann & Associates
P.O. Box 877
North Andover, MA 01845
18. Financial Asset Management Systems, Inc.
1 – (800) 399-4639
19. Florida Department of Education OSFA
Local Metro Area
20. FMS Investment Corp
1701 Golf Road
Suite 2 – 150
Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008
21. GC Services
P.O. Box 27346
Knoxville, TN 37927
22. General Revenue Services (USA Funds)
4660 Duke Drive
Mason, OH 45040-8466
23. Immediate Credit Recovery Inc.
6 Neptune Road, Suite 110,
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
24. Michigan Guaranty Agency
P.O Box 30462
Lansing, MI 48909-7962
25. National Recoveries
26. National Credit Services
27. New York Higher Education Loan Program (NYHELP)
99 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12255
1- (800) 888-0741
28. Performant Financial Corporation
333 North Canyons Pkwy, Suite 100
Livermore, CA 94551
29. Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency
P.O. Box 8157
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8157
1 – (800) 692-7392
30. Pioneer Credit Recovery, Inc.
P.O. Box 228
Arcade, NY 14009
31. Premiere Credit of North America, LLC
PO Box 19309
Indianapolis, IN 46219
32. Progressive Financial
Their website is down.
33. Reliant Capital Solutions
P.O. Box 307290
Gahanna, OH 43230
34. The CBE Group, Inc.
PO Box 900
Waterloo, IA 50704
35. Transworld Systems, Inc.
507 Prudential Road
Horsham, PA 19044
36. U.S. Department of Treasury Debt Management Services
37. Van Ru Credit Corporation
38. West Asset Management, Inc.
385 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena, California 91101
39. Windham Professionals, Inc.
380 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079
I hope this list of student debt collection agencies was useful – if not, let me know how I can improve it in the comments below!