Who doesn’t like a funny student loan meme?
It’s getting close to graduation season and you know what that means: hundreds of Facebook posts from new graduates about how excited they are for “real” life.
The easiest way to send those people into a downward spiral of existential dread is to mention how long they’ll be in student loan debt. So don’t. Or at least, not yet.
But when you do break the news to your friends, put some humor into the message. Use a student loan meme. The following memes capture exactly how most of us feel throughout the whole student loan lifecycle – from applying for a student loan to finally paying it off.
Here are 21 funny student loan memes that made me laugh
1. We all have a friend that treats student loan money as free money.
2. When your parents tell you that student loans are easy to pay off.
3. When you graduate and see how much student loan debt you have.
4. When you’re on a roll with your student loan payments.
5. That feeling when you realize how long it’s going to take to be debt free.
6. When your dark side is telling you to ignore your debt because of how nice your neighbors new Camaro looks.
7. When your friends without student loans give you advice on paying them off.
8. How you imagine yourself in 60 years.
9. When you realize your best friend is in even more debt than you.
10. When you’re having a bad day and everything is miserable.
11. Whenever you hear about Chinese hackers on the news.
12. When you still believe that going bankrupt could get you out of your student loan debt.
13. When you learn that you can’t get rid of some of your student loan debt when you go bankrupt.
14. When you seriously start considering extreme measures.
15. Student loan refunds? Are those still a thing?
16. When you’re so close to graduating but can’t pay for your last semester.
17. When you start feeling a little crazy…
18. Sometimes a good job can be a double-edged sword.
19. Hahahahaha. It’s actually tragic, not funny.
20. When you’re getting close to paying off your student loans
21. When you finally make your last student loan payment! This is my favoriate student loan meme. It’s just so wholesome and nothing beats this feeling.
Hopefully, the student loan memes above made you smile a little bit.
If you’re ready to dive back into learning about your student loans after that little laugh break, here’s some good jumping off points:
- Want to get your student loans forgiven or discharged? Here’s everything you need to know to get started.
- Are your student loans in collections? Here’s how to get out.
- Looking for your student loan collection agency? Find out how to contact them.